Radish 1 ea.
Carrot (peeled for curls) 1 ea. - Let kids use a peeler to make shapes
Purple Peppers 1 ea.
Small Tomatoes 1 pint
Seasonal Salad Green 1 ea.
Zucchini or Squash 1 ea.
Okra 6 ea.
Cucumber 1 ea.
For the Salad
- Gather a bowl with 2 cups cold water, 2 cups of ice, 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Into the bowl place: carved radish, curled carrots, trimmed celery, and cucumber slices.
- Let vegetables sit for one minute. Remove and let drain on a paper towel.
- To plate, first place the wedge of romaine then the crisped vegetables.
- Fill a small ramekin with 1.5 oz. Lemon Vinaigrette and place on plate.
This is designed to be adjusted to whatever vegetables are in season with the best flavor.
Asparagus, Carrots, Radish, Lettuce, Celery, Peas,
Beans, Zucchini, Squash, Cucumber, mild Peppers, Tomatoes, okra, baby corn
Squash, Peppers, Lettuce, Carrots, Snap beans, Mild turnips
Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
Kosher salt 1 Tsp.
Freshly peeled garlic clove, medium 1 Ea.
Champagne vinegar 4 Tbsp.
Fresh squeezed lemon juice 8 Tsp.
Dijon mustard 1 Tsp.
Olive oil 1 Cup
Heavy Cream 2 tbsp.
- Pound the salt and garlic together in a mortar and pestle add salt/garlic to blender.
- Add in the vinegar, lemon, mustard and heavy cream turn on blender and add in the olive oil slowly to emulsify.
- Taste and adjust as needed
Atlanta Fresh Yogurt, Plain 1 pint
Fresh Sundried Pesto 2 tbsp.
Fresh Basil Chopped 1 tbsp.
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl. Serve with any raw or blanched veggie!
BREAKFAST OR DESSERT
Atlanta Fresh Greek Yogurt and Pure Bliss Granola Parfait
Greek Yogurt 1 qt. Atlanta Fresh Creamery
Granola 16 oz.
Strawberry Lavender Jam or your favorite flavor 6 oz.
Squeeze of Honey one squeeze
Figs 1 ea.
- This is a great simple recipe that any child can make for themselves. All they need is four simple ingredients. It is a great breakfast, snack or even dessert option. Each component can be swapped for your favor items from any vendor at the market. There are so many yogurt flavors choose your favorite. I like to get plain so I can add flavor from the fresh Jams from Fairywood Thicket. You can choose any granola blend you like. Also adjust the fruit with what the farmers have. Could be Strawberries in the Spring, Summer comes Peaches, blueberries, Blackberries, and now figs, pears and muscadines.
- For preparation it is up to the home kid chef.
- You can add flavoring to the yogurt by whisking in the jam to the yogurt
- Layer the parfait glass any way you like.
- Start with Yogurt, Honey, Granola, Fruit, and repeat.
- Garnish with Fresh Fig.
*The seasonal honeys will help fight allergies
Grilled Fresh Chicken Breast, Cherry Tomato Kebab, Roasted Potatoes
Serves 8 People
Chicken breast, no skin, 4-5 oz. 8 ea.
Olive oil 4 Tbsp.
Dijon mustard 2 Tbsp.
Thyme leaves, fresh, 1 Tbsp.
Garlic cloves, medium, chopped 1 Ea.
Kosher salt 1 Pinch
To assemble the marinade:
- Whisk together olive oil, mustard, thyme, and garlic.
- Place each piece of chicken between oiled parchment and pound to 1/3 inch thick.
- Cover the chicken with the marinade.
- Before grilling season with salt
- Grill the chicken over a hot fire with the smooth side facing down.
- Place a grill weight or pan on top of the chicken and sear until well-marked.
- Flip the chicken to complete cooking
Cherry Tomato Kebab
Mix of Cherry Tomatoes mixed Colors 32 ea.
Kebab Sticks, 4”, soaked in Water 8 ea.
Olive Oil Drizzle
Salt and pepper To taste
- Place 4 tomatoes on each skewer, with different colors (during the season you can find a wide variety from the market, in many different colors)
- Drizzle with Olive oil and Salt and Pepper
- Place on a hot grill for 1-2 minutes depending on the size of the tomatoes
- You can also substitute or add zucchini, squash,
Rosemary Scented Potatoes
Mix Baby Potatoes 25 Oz.
Olive oil 3 Tbsp.
Rosemary, Chopped 1 tbsp.
Kosher salt 1/2Tsp.
- Wash potatoes, Cut in half lengthwise
- Toss the potatoes with the olive oil, rosemary and salt and put in a heavy bottomed pan, spread even.
- Roast in a convection oven at 400 for approx. 15 minutes until tender and golden.
note: be careful not to let the potatoes overcook and become dry/tough.
Rice Stuffed Bell Peppers
Bell Peppers 4 large
Garlic Clove Foods Mix 1 package of your favorite flavor, prepared as directed.
Tomato sauce, divided 2 cups
Fresh cheese, divided 1/2 cup (2 ounces)
Freshly ground black pepper 1/4 tsp.
Large egg, lightly beaten 1 ea.
Ground Beef, extra lean 1 lb.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes, leaving the stems intact. Place on a pan.
- Prepare Garlic Clove Food Mix as directed
- Combine quinoa mixture, 1 cup tomato sauce, 1/4 cup cheese, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until blended. Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixture into each pepper half. Spoon remaining 1 cup tomato sauce evenly over peppers. Cover and bake at 400° for 45 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese; bake 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
Serve with salad.