2 ½ lbs lamb shoulder
½ cup olive oil
2 oz red wine vinegar
2 T thyme
2 T oregano
½ red onion, sliced thinly
¼ cup Dijon mustard
- Add together the oil, vinegar and mustard in a large mixing bowl. Cut the lamb into 2 inch square pieces; add to mixing bowl. Add sliced red onion and thyme and oregano - mix together.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Lay the lamb out on a tray and season with salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Grill until pieces are cooked to medium doneness.
RED PEPPER SALAD
1 bunch Mixed Salad Greens
1 lb. Mixed heirloom peppers
1 pint End of summer tomatoes, cut in half
4 oz. Feta, broken into small pieces
½ cup Kalamata olives and cut in half
2 T Mixed herbs –parsley, chives, tarragon
To Taste Lemon Juice
To Taste Olive Oil
Directions for Salad:
- Place peppers directly into the coals of the grill and roast until black and charred. Once charred set aside to cool. Once cooled remove seeds and excess char and chop coarsely.
- Mix lemon juice and olive oil with finely chopped herbs such as chives and tarragon, add a little brine from the olives and whisk until combined.
- In a large mixing bowl add tomatoes, feta, olives, peppers and salad greens and toss with herb and lemon dressing. Top lamb generously with salad and enjoy.