1 Bunch Turnips (approximately 3 -5 small/med. Turnips)
1/4 Red Onion, Sliced Thinly
1/2 cup Pepper Jelly
1/2 cup White Wine Vinegar
1/2 cup White Balsamic Vinegar
2 – 3 Garlic Cloves, Crushed
2 Tablespoons Chopped Parsley
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
2 Pinches Black Pepper
2 Pinches Cayenne Pepper
Medium Size Wide Mouth Mason Jar
- Wash and peel turnips
- Decide on style of cut; sliced, sticks, crinkle, cubes, or wedges and cut all Turnips
- In Mixing bowl or pitcher combine all remaining ingredients, mix well
- Place raw turnips and onions in clean jar, pack jar well. Pour liquid mixture over turnips.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Serve as condiment on a bar or in Bloody Mary’s, on salads or sandwiches, alone or as a condiment to steak or pork.
- Turnips will keep for up to 1 week.
Note: Any extra vinaigrette can be used as salad dressing or marinade.