For the Gazpacho
2 large cucumbers, cut into 1 in. pieces
1 small red onion, rough chop
Water as needed
Extra virgin olive oil as needed
½ cup chopped almonds
Apple cider vinegar to taste
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix cucumbers, onions and almonds in a large mixing bowl and let sit 1 hour.
- Put in blender and mix until smooth, adding water, oil, and vinegar to desired consistency and taste.
- Strain using a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth doubled over, season with salt and pepper to taste and chill.
For the Pickled Peaches
2 peaches, split in half and grilled
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup water
1 thyme sprig
Salt and pepper
- To grill the peaches, slice in half, remove the pit and rub interior and exterior with olive oil or olive oil blend, grill over high heat until grill marks appear but peaches still maintain shape. We recommend using firm peaches, not overly ripe peaches. You can also use a cast iron grill pan over the stovetop. Remove peaches from heat and let cool.
- Bring the apple cider vinegar, water, thyme, salt and pepper to a simmer in a sauce pot.
- Chill the liquid.
- Pour over grilled halved peaches and let sit for 10 minutes.
For the Sourdough Crouton
½ cup of cubed sourdough bread PROOF BAKESHOP
2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & pepper to coat
- Place the cubed sourdough bread in a mixing bowl and drizzle olive oil over the cubes, add salt and pepper to coat, and mix thoroughly so that the bread is evenly coated with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Toast in 325 degree oven for 10 minutes or sauté in large pan until toasty brown.