½ head red cabbage
½ head Savoy cabbage
1 ¼ cup favorite nuts or seeds or both
1 bunch torpedo onions, sliced thinly
1 lemon, juiced, about 3 tablespoons
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
1 teaspoon honey
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp tarragon, or other seasonal herb
To taste flaky salt and freshly-ground black pepper
1 ounce chèvre
- Core both cabbage halves. Roughly shred the cabbage. Place in a large bowl and toss, lightly, with olive oil and spread in one thick layer on a big baking sheet. Or if grilling keep whole toss in oil and grill for 10-15 minutes.
- Broil for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the tips of the cabbage shreds begin to char. Stir thoroughly to turn the cabbage, then broil for an additional 5 minutes. You're not cooking the cabbage completely through — you're trying to add as much color and crispiness to the edges as possible.
- Remove the cabbage from the oven and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
*Switch the oven to bake at 350°F. Roughly chop the nuts or seeds and spread in a baking dish. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes. (If using Pure Bliss’ seasoned nuts or seeds, you can skip this step!)
- Whisk together 1 tablespoon olive oil, whole grain mustard, herbs, scallions, lemon juice, and honey.
- Toss the semi-cooled and wilted cabbage with the dressing and salt and pepper to taste. Toss with 1 cup of the toasted seeds or nuts. Spread on a large platter and garnish with remaining nuts and cheese. Serve warm or at room temperature.
**Goes well with pork chops, fish or just with an egg.