Recipe by Chef Gerry Klaskala of Aria
2 tsp. Sugar
2 tsp. Salt
6 cups AP Flour
¼ cup Baking Powder
2 cups Water
2 cups Milk
2 each Eggs HERITAGE FARM
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
4 qts Oil for Frying
6 cups Strawberries, washed, dried and stemmed GREEN OLA ACRES
For dusting Powdered Sugar
- Combine the water, milk, vanilla and eggs in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and the sugar and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the oil into a large, deep pot or a deep fryer and heat to 360ºF.
- Dip the strawberries into the batter and ensure even coverage. Use a slotted spoon to lower the dipped strawberries into the hot oil. Cook until batter is golden brown and puffy. Remove beignets with spider or slotted spoon.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with powdered sugar.