Makes 2 diner portions of 4‐6 side dishes
½ lb okra, tips & ends trimmed
1 medium potato, small dice
1 large onion, diced
1 each Padron chile, (jalapeno, Serrano or any spicy variety)
½ teaspoon cumin seed
½ tsp mustard seed
1 teaspoon coriander, ground
½ teaspoon turmeric
To taste sea salt
2 tablespoons oil, safflower or canola
2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
¼ cup tomato, diced & seeded
- Wash, pat dry & chop okra in to 1/4 inch pieces. Peel and dice potato, chop hot pepper, onion and coriander.
- Heat oil in a pan/wok, add cumin & mustard seeds and allow it to crack.
- Add hot pepper, onion and sauté until light brown.
- Add potato and fry in medium heat for 4‐5 minutes or potato is half done.
- Now add okra, sauté for 3‐4 minutes. Add all dried spices, mix and cook until both vegetables are cooked, around 6‐8 minutes or until the crispiness you need.
- Add salt, mix well and cook for 2 more minutes, garnish with coriander and tomato.