1 c yuca starch
2 c ap flour
2 tbs baking powder
1 tbs salt
2 tbs nutritional yeast
3 c cold club soda
- Mix the dried ingredients, then add half of the liquid to make a thick paste and breaking any lumps. Add the rest of the liquid and rest for 5 minutes.
4 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 ea egg yolk
1/2 c salad oil
3 tbs fruity extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp water
- Using a mortar mash the garlic and salt until it forms a fine paste.
- Add yolk + water; mix well, using a whisk incorporate oil into the mixture slowly (as in mayonnaise)
- Finish the emulsion with the x.v.o.o. and a little salt to taste
- Slice a mix of your favorite raw peppers, and put into ice cold water to crisp up and pull out some of the heat
4 lbs green beans, tipped and blanched and pat dry
1 lb firm fresh cheese, micro grate if possible
1 lb mustard greens (chill and re-hydrate in water if necessary)
Create the dish
- Dust green beans with flour, and then place into the tempura a few at a time while deep frying at 350F until golden, drain.
- Serve topped with the cheese, pepper salad, chopped mustard greens and drizzle with aioli.