3 lbs. Potatoes, Peeled
5 oz Garlic herb butter Banner Butter
Butter 1 stick
1 cup hot Milk
4 oz Chevre Goats Cheese
Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
1 bunch Swiss Chard, washed and chopped
1 lb Bacon ends, chopped and cooked
Pea Tendrils, to Garnish
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for about 30 minutes or until soft. Drain the potatoes and place lid on top to allow to steam. Mash the potatoes (it is ok if there is a small bit of lumps). Add 1 stick of butter in pieces. Gradually add hot milk, stirring all the time. Season with a few grinds of black pepper.
- Sauté the Swiss chard with butter and salt and pepper.
- Fold the Swiss chard and Bacon into the pot and finish with goat cheese.
- Serve in individual soup plates.
- Garnish with Pea Tendrils