Recipe for Kimchi Paste
Recipe by EJ Hodgkinson of King + Duke
1 # piquillo peppers (or red sweet pepper)
3 ea garlic cloves
5 oz almonds, toasted
1 1/4 oz sherry vinegar
1 1/2 tsp hot paprika
1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 1/2 tsp espelette pepper
1/2 oz salt
1/2 ea lemon, juiced
3 oz olive oil
In food processor, combine almonds and garlic and pulse until chopped into small pebble sized pieces. Add peppers to food processor and continue to puree. Add all dry ingredients, then slowly drizzle in olive oil, and season with lemon juice and salt.
1 ea poblano peppers, seeds removed
3 ea serrano chiles
1 oz garlic
1 bunch cilantro
1 bunch parsley
1/2 Tbs. coriander, ground
3/4 tsp. cumin, ground
1 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 cup EVOO
1 oz sherry vinegar
2 cups Greek Yogurt or Labneh
Remove stems and seeds from poblano peppers, remove stems from serrano chilies, rough chop both peppers. Chop both parsley and cilantro from the tops of the bunches down to where they are tied, rough chop garlic and place all ingredients in food processor(note: will need to pulse and chop ingredients, slowly adding to get all volume into food processor), process until the zhoug is of pesto consistency. Whip with Greek yogurt or labneh.
Recipe by Stella Dillard of Atlanta Culinary Connection
1 ea Pain au Levain or other crusty bread
2 medium sweet potatoes
4 ea sweet peppers
4 ea hot peppers
1 ea onion
3 cloves garlic
2 ea tomatoes
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon, cumin
1 Tbs. honey
2 tsp. salt
For Sweet Potato Puree
Peel sweet potatoes, cut into 3/4" dice.
Cover sweet potatoes with water in a lidded pan. Add a generous pinch of salt, and simmer, covered until soft. Drain, reserving water, and puree.
For Shakshuka sauce:
Quarter sweet peppers and slice thinly. Thinly slice hot pepper, removing seeds if desired. Cut onion into 1/4" dice, and mince garlic. Cut tomatoes into 1/2" dice
Sweat onion, peppers, and garlic over medium heat with a pinch of salt until translucent. Add tomatoes, paprika and cumin and stew until tomatoes have broken down into a rich sauce.
Add honey, taste, and correct seasoning.
Cut bread into 3/4" slices and brush with oil or spread with soft butter. Toast both sides until To serve, spread sweet potato puree on toast and top with shakshuka and chives or scallions. Enjoy!
Recipe by Matthew Ridgway of Cooks & Soldiers
For the Labneh* THE WOODSMAN & WIFE
1 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup cream fraiche
2 Tbsp. live yogurt
For the Chickpea Socca Cake
2 cups chickpea flour
2 quarts water
3 eggs HERITAGE FARM
3 Tbsp. olive oil
For the Torn Herb and Bitter Green Salad
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp. Sumac powder
1 Tbsp. basil leaves
1 Tbsp. mint leaves RODGERS GREENS & ROOTS/MCMULLAN FAMILY FARM
1 Tbsp. fennel tops
For the Sautéed Sweet Potato Greens & Garlic
1# Sweet potato greens INDIAN RIDGE ORGANIC FARM
Garlic, to taste RIVERVIEW FARM
1. Labneh*, bring milk and heavy cream to a boil then cool to 70 degrees. Add cream fraiche and live yogurt, combine and cover for 48 hours in a warm place.
2. Chickpea pancake, mix chickpea flour, water, eggs, olive oil and salt & pepper with a whisk. Let mix sit for 3 hours.
3. Once batter is ready, heat a cast iron skillet or nonstick pan with olive oil until it begins to smoke. Pour 3 oz. of batter into the pan like a crepe. Cook pancake on each side until crunchy and golden on each side.
4. Herb salad, combine basil, mint, fennel, lemon juice, olive oil, Sumac powder and salt & pepper to taste.
5. In a sauté pan, add garlic and olive oil until garlic is charred. Add sweet potato greens and cook until wilted.
6. Serve by plating greens, followed by herb salad, chickpea pancake and top with dollop of labneh.
* Also available pre-made from our vendor THE WOODSMAN & WIFE