Recipe by Lisa Rochon
2 cups - (about 2) Fairytale Eggplant, Asian Eggplant or Narrow Stripped Eggplant, Cut in half lengthwise and 1/2" sliced.
1 medium bell pepper, any color, 1/2" stripped or half of two colored peppers, 1/2" stripped
1 ear summer corn, kernels cut off cob
1 large or 2 medium or 1/2 pint of grape/cherry tomatoes, cut into 1” chunks or 1/2 sliced grape/cherry tomato
1 Tablespoon chopped garlic
8 oz. Goat Feta, crumbled
Oliver Farm Infused Sunflower Oil
Fairy wood Thicket Pepper Jelly
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Take cut eggplant and place in bowl and generously sprinkle with salt and cover with cold water. Mix making sure all eggplant is covered with water. You can put a saucer to weight down in the water. Let sit for about 15 – 20 minutes to draw out some of the strong eggplant taste.
2. While eggplant is soaking, cut remaining vegetables and place in a bowl.
3. Drain eggplant and rinse well twice. Place sliced eggplant on a clean towel or paper towels.
4. In a large sauté pan, coat the bottom with sunflower oil, turn heat on medium /high. Drizzle additional oil if needed to finish sautéing the eggplant.
5. Sauté eggplant in oil until wilted and lightly browned on both sides. About 2-3 minutes on each side.
6. Remove cooked eggplant with a slotted spoon and place in bowl with other vegetables.
7. Add 2 tablespoons pepper jelly, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 spoon white wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Incorporate pepper jelly in the oil and vinegar. Mix well.
8. Add crumbled feta. Adjust seasoning to taste.
9. Serve warm, room temperature or cold.