Recipe by Lisa Rochon
Serves 4 - 6 people
1/4 lb green beans
1/4 lb sugar snap peas
8 oz fresh or frozen green peas
1/4 lb snow peas
1 med red onion, halved and thinly sliced
1/2 c shaved parmesan cheese (optional)
- Snip the end and string sugar snap peas and snow peas, rinse and set aside.
- Snip of end of green beans, rinse and set aside.
- Rinse fresh green peas and set aside. If using frozen green peas place in strainer and let thaw and drain.
- Bring a quart stock pot of water to a rapid boil. Prepare a medium bowl of ice water, set aside.
- Blanch each group of peas and beans separately for about 1 – 1 1/2 minutes, with the exception of the frozen peas. Remove from boiling water and place in ice water bath for 2 – 3 minutes. Remove from ice water and let drain on paper towels to dry. Repeat process for each vegetable.
- Combine all peas and beans in bowl with sliced red onions and pesto dressing, toss gently. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with shaved parmesan if desired.
4 tbs basil sesto
2 tbs white balsamic vinegar
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp ground pepper
pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Dress salad and toss gently. Store any extra dressing in glass jar.
Note: Dressing works best if left to marinate on peas and beans for at least one hour before serving.