8 Large Chard Leaves
½ lb of Carrots (peeled & sliced in ½ slices)
1 Medium onion (peeled & sliced into ½ inch slices)
2 Celery ribs
5 cups Garden Pilaf Garlic Clove Foods
1/3 cup Sweet white wine
1 grated rind of one organic lemon
1 cup heavy cream
3 tbsp EVOO (olive oil)
¼ cup unsalted butter
Salt & Pepper
- Blanch & Shock (in ice water) whole chard leaves, pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- In a sauté pan combine EVOO, celery, onion sauté for 5 mins on medium heat. Add carrots and increase to high heat. Cover and cook until tender. Stir as needed.
- Add butter and deglaze with wine.
- Puree carrot mixture. Add salt & pepper to taste, lemon rind & cream.
- Place ½ cup of pilaf (prepared as directed) place it in the center of the cooked chard leaf and roll like a burrito. Repeat rolling step until you have 8.
Broccoli Raab with Lemon Butter
½ lb Broccoli Raab
1 tbsp of butter
Juice of one lemon
- Blanch and shock (in ice water)
- Sauté butter until butter begins to brown, add lemon juice and raab and cook until warm.
- Put a few tablespoons of warm carrot puree on the plate. Heat wraps in butter in the sauté pan until warm (even a bit crispy on the outside). Place wrap on top of puree and add warm broccoli raab on the side.
- You can add ground sausage, pork of poultry to your filling.