Yield 6 Portions
1 jar Doux South Black Eye Pea Caviar (drained and liquid reserved)
3 sweet peppers diced
1 onion diced
5 ears sweet corn (kernels removed from the cob)
½ lb Pine St Market Bacon diced
2 pints cherry tomatoes or sungold tomatoes
2 cloves garlic minced
2 tablespoons butter
Salt and Pepper—To Taste
Method of Production
- Place diced bacon in a medium hot sauté pan and render as much fat out as possible. This will take about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the bacon leaving the bacon fat in the sauté pan and then add your onion, sweet peppers, corn and tomatoes to the sauté pan and cook on medium/high heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Add minced garlic to your vegetable mixture.
- Deglaze the pan with a ¼ cup of the liquid reserved from the pickled black eye peas and reduce for 30 seconds.
- Place your butter into the pan and coat the vegetables with the butter and liquid in the pan.
Did you know Pine St. Market’s bacon ends are the exact same recipe as their bacon? If you plan on chopping up your bacon instead of serving it in strips, consider using bacon ends instead! They are ½ the price and just as tasty!