2 removed of broccoli stalks removed and heads pulsed in food processor
1 medium onion diced
1 garlic clove minced
1 carrot grated
1/2 cup apple
1 t cumin
1 t coriander
lemon juice to taste
salt and pepper to taste
3 each candied pecan
- Melt butter in a pan and saute onions on medium heat for about 5 min, then add garlic.
- Once garlic becomes fragrant add broccoli and cook until tender.
- Remove broccoli mixture from heat. Add carrots, apple, cumin, and coriander. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with candied pecan.
Spiced Candied Pecan
1 cup pecans
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 T creole seasoning
2qt frying oil
Instructions for candied pecans
- Bring frying oil to 325 degrees on stove top. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Boil the pecans until tender, and strain in a colander. Toss pecans in powdered sugar. Fry until mahogany brown.
- Spread on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with creole seasoning.