makes 20 regular sized muffins
2 1/4. c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. cayanne
1/4 tsp. ground mustard
1/2 tsp. salt.
1 1/2 c. milk
3 Tbs. minced greens, such as arugula, kale, mustard greens, etc
3 Tbs. Greek yogurt
1 lb. Pinestreet Market Country Sausage
1/2 c. sharp white cheddar cheese, loosely packed
Emily G's Sugar Plum Jam
- Preheat oven to 350. In a medium hot skillet, cook sausage and break down with a wooden spoon. When sausage is cooked through, pour onto a plate covered with a paper towel. Drain grease leaving 1 T. in skillet. Cook onion and garlic over medium heat until soft - about 5 minutes. Cool. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cayenne, ground mustard, and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk. In a large bowl beat eggs, then add milk, parsley, yogurt, cheese, and cooled onion mixture. Take cooled sausage and chop into a fine dice. Add 1 1/4 c. of sausage to the egg mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add the wet and dry ingredients together. Be careful not to over mix - just stir enough to combine ingredients.
- Scoop mix into greased muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes for regular sized muffins, or 14 minutes for mini muffins. Remove from oven and cool. Can be made 24 hours in advance up to this point.
- Store in the refrigerator. Cut open the top of the muffin and stuff it with 1-2 tsp. of Sugar Plum Jam.