2 stalks of lemongrass
1 cup broccoli
1 cup carrots, peeled if large, cut on bias
1 cup oyster mushrooms, de-stemmed
1 tablespoon baby garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh minced ginger
1/4 cup scallions, washed, cut on the bias
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup sherry vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt & pepper
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
5 cups total of a mix of Asian greens washed clean & spun dried
Suggested Asian Greens: mizuna, tatsoi, bok choy, pac choi, nappa cabbage, red stem leaf
- Start by putting a medium size pot of water on high heat. Just break the lemongrass in 1/2's or 1/3's and place in the pot, with a sprinkle of salt.
- While the pot of water is coming up to a boil, place your minced ginger & scallions in a bowl.
- Season with some salt & ground pepper. Add the soy sauce, honey, vinegar & oil to the bowl.
- Whisk gently, combining all ingredients. Set aside for garnishing the plate.
- When the lemongrass water has good flavor, add the cut carrots to the boiling water.
- Place a large sauté pan on high heat, add tablespoon of olive oil & sauté the mushrooms, adding the minced baby garlic and season with salt & pepper, turn on low heat.
- When carrots are al dente, add the broccoli to the carrot water. Bring up to a boil. Only cook for a couple of minutes. Drain the carrots & broccoli, discarding the lemongrass. Add the carrots and broccoli to the mushrooms, tossing together.
- Add the Asian greens to the sauté pan at the last minute, & toss all vegetables together.
- Place vegetables on the plates, garnish with fresh leaves of cilantro and sauce with the soy ginger vinaigrette.
- You may use any greens by them self or all of these greens.
- You may add seared, roasted fish, chicken, pork, beef, shrimp, scallops or tofu to this dish.
- You may cool the broccoli, carrots & mushrooms, to make a salad with the Asian greens & soy ginger vinaigrette.