Serves 4 as a side dish
4 T olive oil
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/2 t chili flake (Aleppo chili if available, use more if you like more of a kick)
1/2 t ground cumin
1/2 t ground coriander
1/2 lb Asian greens, chopped (use one variety or a mix)
1 small leek, thinly sliced
2 cups cooked couscous
1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
1/2 cup mint, torn or roughly chopped
1/2 lemon, zest and juice
salt and pepper to taste
optional garnish: pomegranate seeds
- In a large saute pan or wok, heat olive oil over medium heat. As the oil is warming, add garlic, chili flake and cumin. The oil will become very fragrant.
- When the oil is hot, add the greens and leeks, sautéing until just wilted.
- Add couscous, pecans, and lemon zest. Mix well and sauté until couscous is warm.
- Remove from heat. Add mint and mix well.
- Season to taste with lemon juice, reserved olive oil, salt and pepper. Garnish with pomegranate seeds (optional)
This dish is VERY versatile... make it with rice or quinoa or Garlic Clove Foods Garden Pilaf, use other greens such as spinach or chard, or make it an entree with shrimp.