3 Bosc Pears
2 Tb or 1 Ounce Olive Oil or Butter
- Peal and cube pears to ¼ inch dice.
- Heat sauté pan.
- Add olive oil or butter and heat until slightly smoky.
- Add pears and toss around in pan covering all pear pieces.
- Add pinch of salt.
- Add squeeze of lemon.
- Continue to sauté until just cooked through and golden on all sides.
- Remove from pan and cool.
- This can be prepared one to two days ahead.
Balsamic Jam Dressing
4 oz Olive Oil
1.5 oz Balsamic Vinegar
1 TB Fig or Blackberry Jam
Squeeze of lemon
Pinch of salt and pepper
- Place jam in the bottom of bowl in which the salad is to be mixed and served.
- Add Balsamic vinegar and whisk together to loosen up the jam.
- In a steady stream, whisk in olive oil.
- Finish with lemon and salt and pepper, whisking everything together.
Honey Roasted Cashews
24 Ounces Cashews
½ Cup Sugar
½ Cup Water
3 Tbs Honey
¼ Tea Garam Marsala
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sauce or sauté pan, combine sugar, water, honey, and garam marsala and bring to a boil.
- Add cashews and toss in honey mixture coating all of the nut pieces.
- Place nuts on a parchment lined baking sheet and place in oven.
- Be sure to continue to mix nuts on sheet every few minutes until evenly colored and golden brown.
- Take out of oven and let cool.
- This can be done one to two days ahead.
Chopped Arugula Salad
1 Bunch Arugula
1 Bunch Sunflower Sprouts
1 Recipe Balsamic Jam Dressing
1 Recipe Sautéed Pears
1 Recipe Honey Roasted Cashews
- Rinse arugula and dry.
- Cut arugula into chiffonade or ribbons, ½ wide.
- Place in bowl on top of balsamic dressing.
- Top with sprouts.
- Add pears and cashews.
- Toss right before serving.