Recipe by Matthew Ridgway of Cooks & Soldiers
For the Labneh* THE WOODSMAN & WIFE
1 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup cream fraiche
2 Tbsp. live yogurt
For the Chickpea Socca Cake
2 cups chickpea flour
2 quarts water
3 eggs HERITAGE FARM
3 Tbsp. olive oil
For the Torn Herb and Bitter Green Salad
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp. Sumac powder
1 Tbsp. basil leaves
1 Tbsp. mint leaves RODGERS GREENS & ROOTS/MCMULLAN FAMILY FARM
1 Tbsp. fennel tops
For the Sautéed Sweet Potato Greens & Garlic
1# Sweet potato greens INDIAN RIDGE ORGANIC FARM
Garlic, to taste RIVERVIEW FARM
1. Labneh*, bring milk and heavy cream to a boil then cool to 70 degrees. Add cream fraiche and live yogurt, combine and cover for 48 hours in a warm place.
2. Chickpea pancake, mix chickpea flour, water, eggs, olive oil and salt & pepper with a whisk. Let mix sit for 3 hours.
3. Once batter is ready, heat a cast iron skillet or nonstick pan with olive oil until it begins to smoke. Pour 3 oz. of batter into the pan like a crepe. Cook pancake on each side until crunchy and golden on each side.
4. Herb salad, combine basil, mint, fennel, lemon juice, olive oil, Sumac powder and salt & pepper to taste.
5. In a sauté pan, add garlic and olive oil until garlic is charred. Add sweet potato greens and cook until wilted.
6. Serve by plating greens, followed by herb salad, chickpea pancake and top with dollop of labneh.
* Also available pre-made from our vendor THE WOODSMAN & WIFE