4 Baby Beets
2 tsp. Caramel Yogurt
1 tsp. Olive Oil
1 cup Baby Greens
Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
- Wash beets in cold water remove sand. Place beets in foil and bake in oven @ 350 for 40 minutes. Remove beets from foil and let stand for 10 minutes.
- With a paper towel gently remove outer skin. Cut beets in quarters and place in refrigerator to cool.
- To make the salad; place yogurt on a plate allowing enough diameter for each beet to rest. Wash green in cold water insuring they are dried. Place beets on yogurt leaving a small area in the center for greens. Place greens in the center ensuring they are touching the yogurt. Drizzle olive oil on top of beets and greens.
- Sprinkle one crystal per beet of sea salt on each beet. Topped with fresh cracked pepper. Recipe can be doubled, too.
- Firm cheeses can be added to this salad. Also the addition of toasted pecans and pumpernickel croutons can be a great addition.
- The salad can also be made into and entree using roasted chicken, leg of lamb steak, or even pork tenderloin.