Recipe by Lisa Rochon
Serves 4 – 6
2 small bunches or 8 oz Arugula
1 medium sized Fennel Bulb, bulb separated from stems and leaves
6 oz Goat Cheese
6 oz Walnuts, toasted
- Cut Fennel bulb in half, core, slice thinly, rinse, dry and set aside.
- Reserve about 1/2 cup of Fennel leaves for salad. Wash, dry and set aside.
- Wash Arugula, dry and set aside.
- Chop Walnuts coarsely, place on parchment lined baking pan and toast for 3 – 5 minutes in 30 degree oven. Set aside to cool.
- Cut Goat Cheese into bit size pieces. Lightly roll in Walnuts. Set aside.
- Combine Fennel, Fennel leaves and Arugula in bowl, transfer to serving platter or plates. Garnish with Goat Cheese bites.
- Dress salads with Vinaigrette.
Fig Preserve Vinaigrette
6 Tablespoons Fig Preserves
2 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
3 Tablespoon White Balsamic Vinegar
8 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pinch of Salt
Pepper to Taste
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Dress salad. Store any extra vinaigrette in glass jar.
Note: Dressing can be made in advance and stored in refrigerator for up to a week.