Look here for opportunities to work with our vendors!
Position: Market Coordinator
Location: 3731 Northcrest Road, Suite 3, Doraville, Northcrest Road off of Bufford HWY
Job Type: Part-Time
Schedule: Friday- Market Prep, Saturday - 6:45-12:30 PM, Sunday(Biweekly) 7:15-1:30
Banner Butter - a small-batch cultured butter maker in Atlanta - is looking for someone to help us run our markets on Saturday at Peachtree Road Farmers Market and every other Sunday at Grant Park Farmers Market
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Market Prep every Friday, including organizing and packing up all materials and supplies in market bin and prepping coolers to sell at both markets
- Load-in in your designated spot at each market before start time. Includes tent set-up, organizing tables and display
- Clearly communicating information about our product to customers and selling our product in a positive and enthusiastic manner
- Managing cash and square sales at each market
- Must be reliable, timely, and an early riser!
- Must be able to stand for 95% of the time, set up tent and other equipment and supplies
- Must be able to sell regardless of weather conditions
- Must be able to monitor and secure cash at market
Compensation: This position is PAID hourly
Send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Farmers Market Sales
Opportunity: We are a specialty cheese producer making four aged, European-style cheeses by hand from grass-fed cow’s milk. We are looking for an energetic person who will be excited to share our story and sell our cheese at the Peachtree Road Farmers Market in Buckhead. The market is open from 8:30 a.m. to noon Saturdays with some basic set up and break down activities. The position may also lead to additional exposure and education in the area of artisan cheese with opportunities to assist in cheesemaking, to prepare cheese for sale and/or marketing events with retailers.
Qualifications: The key qualification for the position is the ability to engage with patrons and shoppers at the farmer market so that they engage with us to hear our story and sample our products. The sales environment is fast pace, so you’ll need to be able to ring transactions and make accurate change quickly, and you’ll be standing for up to five hours. In addition, you’ll need to be able to unload coolers during set up that weigh 30 pounds or more.
Starting Wage: $15/hour
Garnish & Gather
Position type: Gatherer & Market Ambassador
Number of hours per week: Variable hours - as few as 8-10 up to 25-30
Skills Needed/Duties: Be a part of the Garnish & Gather team as a G&G Gatherer. Gatherers will help with all parts of the G&G operations from preparing portioned ingredients, picking up from local farmers, packing produce & preparing customer orders. Saturday availability is required. Additional availability on Thur- Mon is a plus.
Send applications to: email@example.com
PINE STREET MARKET
Position: Retail Associates for Store & Farmer's Markets
Come work at the best butcher shop in Atlanta!
Or Call 404-296-9672
Position: market retail sales
Skills Needed/Duties: Must be personable, articulate and eager to engage customers. Duties include booth set up and take down, merchandising set up and take down, sample preparation and service, product sales. Clean up post market. Hours would be Saturday's from 7:00 am to 1:00 pm and Wednesday's from 2:00 on to 8:30 pm
Compensation: Daily rate plus commissions
Position: Full Time Farm Hand, Bowdon GA
Skills needed/Duties: Must have basic farm experience including livestock and produce. Full time position. Duties include whatever it takes. Hours are from can't see to can't see but the pay is good if you're unemployed.
BONE & CO
Position: Bone & Co. Farmers Market Sales
Job Description: Small specialty food company is looking for dependable, friendly, outgoing individuals to work 2-3 Saturdays per month at farmers markets. Farmer's market pay is $60/day (approx. 3.5 hours at market, plus booth setup and drive time)
Qualifications: The person for this job must have transportation (small SUV or Truck) that will allow for transporting farmers market equipment and products to and from the site. Must be able to lift at least 50lbs.
Apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Wage/Salary:$10 per hour
Oliver Farm Artisan Oils
Duties: Market stand manager for farmer’s markets and select events
- Valid driver’s license and dependable transportation that can hold set up and product.
- Ability to handle money, make change, and operate mobile point of sale device.
- Ability to lift 35 pounds.
- Social skills to engage customers and ability to answer their questions.
- Ability to learn facts and uses of Oliver Farm products.
- Pick up market set up and product prior to market.
- Set up tent, tables, display, and product.
- Engage with customers, sample product, make sales, collect money.
- Break down display and set up.
- Inventory product sold.
Pay Rate: $15.00 per hour with compensation for deliveries after market
Wholesale Deliveries: Periodically, you may have a wholesale delivery for a customer to pick up at market. An invoice for this delivery will be in your market package. There may be additional opportunities for wholesale deliveries after market hours with compensation agreed upon by both parties beforehand.
To apply: E-mail email@example.com with cover letter and resume.