About the Peachtree Road Farmers Market
2015 Peachtree Road Farmers Market
Now in its ninth year, Peachtree Road Farmers Market is a leader in the community. PRFM is the largest producer-only farmers market in the state. Producer-only means that everything at the Market has been grown, raised, or made by the seller, ensuring fair prices for both the vendors and the consumers.
The Market takes place on Saturday mornings beginning April 11th, rain or shine, until December 19th.
PRFM is a Wholesome Wave market and we accept and double SNAP (EBT/food stamp).
There are over 35 chef demonstrations scheduled for this season and 50 weekly vendors. Each week brings new produce, vendors, events and fun!
What to Bring With You
First time visiting us? Here is what to bring to have a great time!
- Pack your reusable bags! Help us and our vendors go green by bringing your own bags. For extra credit bring your reusable coffee mug.
- Cash. While some vendors have the ability to accept credit cards through square up cash is still king of the farmers market.
- Your dog. When the weather is not too hot, well behaved dogs are welcome. Please keep in mind the market has lots of children, food smells and other dogs so please make sure it is an experience your dog can handle. Poop bags required.
Programs & Partnerships
We'd like to thank our Sponsors: Piedmont Hospital, Whole Foods Market Buckhead and Wholesome Wave GA!
SNAP Benefit Doubling:
The Market accepts Georgia EBT/ SNAP benefits (food stamps) and doubles the value through our partnership with Wholesome Wave Georgia to help make healthy food more accessible to all. Those who want to use SNAP benefits should visit the information tent at the Market to process their card.
Each week at 10:00am we host chef demonstrations. Local restaurant chefs show shoppers how to use the local and seasonal vegetables at the market. You can see past recipes and step by step videos of the chefs making the dishes.
Our chef demo series is sponsored by Piedmont Hospital.
This year we will have hands on programming for children to learn about the earth, environment and how food grows. Look for our monthly kids with Your Happy Nest on the event calendar and Our Kids Healthy Eating Day.
PRFM is a producer-only market. Producer-only means that everything at the Market has been grown, raised, or made by the seller, ensuring fair prices for both the vendors and the consumers. The Market staff visits member farms and kitchens to make sure its consumers are getting the highest quality produce and products. Vendors range from farmers, ranchers, cheese mongers, chefs/prepared food specialists and artists.
Qualifications to be a member of PRFM:
- Maintain either a Certified Organic or Certified Naturally Grown status. You may view the status of our certified naturally grown farmers at http://www.naturallygrown.org/.
- To sell eggs, either certified organic or certified naturally grown feed must be used exclusively.
- • To sell beef, pork, poultry, rabbit, goat or milk from these animals, certified naturally grown or organic feed must be used exclusively. An exception may be made for cows in extreme weather needing to be fed hay that is free of herbicides, but may have been grown in a field with commercial fertilizer to prevent starvation or malnutrition. Cows may be fed this diet for no more than 20 days a year. This option may only be used if all other options for organic hay have been exhausted.
Prepared Food Vendors:
- May not use the following: products or ingredients that contain: corn syrup (in any form), hydrogenated oils, dyes or preservatives.
- May only use meats from other PRFM vendors or market-approved sources.
- Are asked to source products grown locally, in the following order:
- From within the Market
- From local farms
- Within Georgia
- Within the Southeast region
- Within the continental US
- If a product requires use of ingredients outside the continental US vendors must get approval of market management. Use of internationally sourced spices, salts, olive oil, vanilla and coffee is permitted.
- All products must be handmade by the artist. Sustainable and eco-friendly practices are encouraged.
Since its founding in 2007 by The Cathedral of St. Philip in partnership with Chef Linton Hopkins and his wife Gina, the Peachtree Road Farmers Market (PRFM) has become the city's largest producer-only farmers market (that means all items are sold by the farmer/maker, no re-selling). The early leadership saw that Atlanta demanded farm-fresh produce, meats, and dairy, and the community supported their solution with open arms and shopping baskets!
The market founders gathered together a network of producers supported by the Hopkins’ Restaurant Eugene as well as farmers, artists, and prepared food vendors brought together by The Cathedral, who also provided space, financial support, and the beginnings of PRFM's strong volunteer base—led by a professional manager dedicated to PRFM's guidelines in support of truly “good food” and hospitality. An inspiration for similar markets across the U.S., PRFM continues to grow in participation and attendance.
At the close of the 2014 season, the Hopkins' stepped out of their managing role as the market had grown into a self-sustaining success during its past seven years. They continue to support PRFM through their restaurants and enjoy it as a family.
Peachtree Road Farmers Market continues as a nonprofit organization housed at The Cathedral, enjoying the large shade trees, accessible bathrooms, easy parking, and popular playground of The Cathedral parking lot. Each season from April through December, the region’s best farmers, artists, and prepared food vendors delight PRFM shoppers, who also enjoy chef demos, kids programming, and special events related to good food and good health!